StartRight! is a regional business plan competition that was established in 2004 by Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) to encourage women entrepreneurs to write their business plans, leading to stronger companies. In 2013, the Maryland Women’s Business Center, an initiative of REDI, assumed responsibility for StartRight!, expanding the scope to include support for women as they develop their plans through counseling, coaching, and specialized workshops.
StartRight! awards more than $15,000 in prizes for winning business plans, with a top prize of $5,000! To qualify, the business must be at least 51% women owned, less than 3 years old, and located in Maryland.
The women who join our competition receive more than the opportunity to win a cash prize – they also receive valuable coaching and feedback on their business plan!
StartRight! 2015 is just around the corner. Check back for information on submission deadlines soon.
Are you working on your business plan? Here are a few things we hope will help you navigate the process.
- Check out some of our upcoming workshops.
- Click here for a business plan template you may want to use as a guideline.
- Click here for a pro forma budget worksheet that may help you project your expenses.
- Get inspired by our past winners.
- Read a StartRight! Success Story.
StartRight! is sponsored by: